Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hello and welcome to the Veteran’s Benefit Guide!

Most veterans are at least vaguely familiar with the bureaucracy of the VA (Department of Veterans Affairs). Although the VA is a wonderful agency that provides valuable benefits to our veterans, the VA is also a tangled mess of red tape. It can be very difficult to find the VA benefits you need and qualify for. It can be even harder to figure out how to apply for and get those benefits.
I’m here to help!

I have years of experience with the VA. My husband was injured while in training and received a medical discharge in July 2007. When we first began filing claims and working with the VA system, we did not have a clue what we were doing. As a result, we missed out on some valuable benefits.

Dealing with paperwork and claims forms and examinations can be a headache for veterans and their families who are already coping with disabilities. It is my hope that our experiences can benefit you in some way.

Please check back often for information. I plan on posting new information at least once a week. In the future, expect to see posts about:
  • Travel pay
  • Patient advocates
  • Veterans Service Organizations
  • Caregiver programs
  • Educational benefits
  • Benefits for surviving or un-remarried spouses
  • Crisis Line
  • Claims
And much, much more!

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to comment on any of my posts. I will be happy to help you in any way possible.

I wish you the best! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment